Pages

Tuesday 5 February 2013

Research Point - Oriel Ynys Mon

I went for a quick visit to Oriel Ynys Mon in Llangefni on Anglesey.  The piece I was most drawn to was "Angles on the Washing Line" by David Jones.



The artist was asked to create a piece to fill this particular space.  He was inspired by memories of his grandmother telling him about heaven and the angels being up in the sky and when he looked up all he could see was his grandmothers washing hanging on the line. All the angels are created in mdf and scrap timber and painted with acrylics.  

I really like these installation pieces that are created by repeating a lot of similar images.  I find this quite a joyous piece, very simple and brightly coloured and I can image the small boy looking up and imagining angels created from his granny's washing.

Link to the artists website http://www.davidjonesartist.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment